Dec 21, 2012

Windows 8 + UI Four C's

An angry rant, but some good talking points. I feel his pain when the "charms menu" suddenly appears; when trying to determine where to find something in the new interface (like setting up a Wireless Network) and abort to old Windows interface or Agent Ransack; or the whole Mondrian Metro interface of randomly placed squares as an organization paradigm.

  • Control
  • Conveyance
  • Continuity
  • Context

My ideal interface for an OS would be Android with easier to use copy and paste functionality so I could actually produce content from it.

I love the speed of my Asus Win 8 machine. I enjoy the touchscreen for scrolling and card games. But it's definitely a wierd incohesive beast right now.

Here are the UI guidelines from Microsoft.

No comments:

Post a Comment