Jul 8, 2011

MST3K - Mystery Science Theater 3000

Found a posting (109 - Project Moon Base) where my letter was read on Mystery Science theater 3000. According to their mailing list program index, I was number 12 of the fan club.

Tom: Right you are, Slappy. This one comes from a Jeff Conrad in, uh, Bloomington, Minnesota. "Greetings. I've been a long time fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000. Goober, friends and I watch it every week on videotape. Hey tell me, will the new shows be in color or all in black & white? Sincerely, Jeff Conrad."

At first they don't seem to respond to the question, but at the end,


Joel: All right. I guess that ends the experiment, Sirs. Uh, when are we gonna get some color movies?
(Switch to Deep 13)
Dr. Forrester: "Color"? You want color, talk to Ted Turner! (handing Dr. Erhardt a clipboard) Here, file this.
Dr. Erhardt: Consider it filed!


04/02/2012: Here's the wierd thing: I would not have said "Goober," so whoever first quoted this misquoted me. It should be "A group of friends and I (meaning John Thielges et al). Here's a link to the actual video on youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment