Sep 3, 2014

Back to a Reliable Arduino Uno GPS + SD Logger

After a lot of tweaking, I think I have a more reliable data logger for GPS. I had been adjusting a variety of elements from my working logger, using comparison global variables to detect position change, manipulating the output, and I somehow got into a state where it was very unreliable - for instance, it might create the logger csv file, but there would be no contents. I think I am very close to the memory limit for an Arduino Uno. I have condensed most of the work - date and time manipulation for consistency, into one function, and also I've removed the aspects of the GPS library I was not using (velocity, heading, altitude). I also moved some of the common variables to be globals. I do think I'll try to change the code though so it will not log data if nothing has changed, which was a feature I liked about a previous version. - Update it's been added to the github project.

No comments:

Post a Comment